What follows is a brief guide to the whole admissions process which we hope you will find helpful.
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision and finding the right fit is important. To get a proper feel for a school there is no substitute for a visit, and at SCS this begins with a conversation with our registrar, Jojo Orange. She will want to hear about your child or children, their interests and personalities, and she will arrange a mutually convenient date for you to come and visit the school.
- On a first occasion, you may like to come on your own, without your son or daughter, so that you can enjoy a full tour without any time pressure. A typical visit includes having a talk with our Head, and being guided all around the school so that you get the fullest opportunity to hear about all that is on offer here.
- A second visit with your son or daughter will be very much geared to your child’s age. A young person looking for a place in the Nursery or Pre-Prep might find it all a bit overwhelming to be shown science and computer rooms, even though they will get to use them soon enough!
- If all goes well and you like what you see, Jojo will arrange a taster day when your son or daughter will come and spend the day with us. This helps your child to get to know us and allows some of the staff to get to know them too.
- If, at the end of this process, you can see your child thriving with us and you wish to proceed, the next steps are simple: you will be asked to complete a registration form and pay a registration fee of £100 followed by completing the acceptance contract and a deposit of £250 two terms before your child joins us (please click here to read the Terms & Conditions). (It is usually possible to join the school in most year groups at the start of any term or half term.)
- Lastly, Jojo will guide you through final preparations such as organising uniform and any other resources or equipment your child may need; she will be there to guide you through the process from the first expression of interest to your child's first day with us.
We very much look forward to meeting you soon.
For more information, or to arrange a visit, please contact Jojo on
In the meantime, please click on the images below to watch our films, we hope these will give you a feel for the school...